Hola amigos!!

I absolutely love love love the Mexico MTC. There is something so special about this place. The MTC is surrounded by noisy, busy, cluttered streets and buildings of Mexico City. But once you hit the walls of the MTC, everything goes quiet. God's presence is so undeniable here. The MTC is a mini heaven on earth! It's beautiful here and there are so many faculty members who work so hard to make it look good. I think that is one of the main reasons why the Spirit can be felt so strongly here. For those that know me, you know that I feel God's love for me through nature and I am definitely feeling that here. 


Spanish is good but hard. I am at the point where I know so much that I am starting to lose what I already knew if that makes sense. My brain is being overloaded but I love it. I love my breaks don't get me wrong but I just want to keep learning and learning. 

Food is surprisingly good! I have heard awful things about the Mexico MTC food so I was preparing myself for the worst. But it's really just tacos, meat, fruit, and weird mexican desserts. Im lovin it

My district is AMAZING. They are all such great people and I love their personalities, spirits, and testimonies. We are kinda infamous here at the MTC, our district is known as the loudest and most borderline irreverent. But also friendly. So it makes for some funnn times. We are constantly laughing and having fun but can also have amazing spiritual moments. 

Missions are hard not gonna lie. And I'm only on my fourth week. I'm sure after reading this email you think that everything is going so perfectly down here but no lols. There have been some really hard days and times where I get really down on myself. But then I just remember that those feelings aren't from the God I know. God loves me and understands me. He thinks the world of me and is proud of any effort I give him. He wants me to have joy and see myself as he sees me. That is the same for each and everyone of you. Please please please take a moment of self reflection when you get the chance in order to see yourself as God sees you. 

I am growing so much here at the MTC and I never want to leave. No that's a lie. I really can not wait to go to Chile. But it's great here and I am THRIVING more than I ever have before

Also Alma chapter 26 in the Book of Mormon is my most favoritest and I could analyze it for hours. Go read it and weep

Things I learned:
1. no perros en la ciudad de mexico, solo espíritu perros
2. Me and my compañera are psychic
3. Thunderstorms are my new fav
4. Africa is not a square
5. ¿Como se dice eternal damnation?

much much love,
H. Christensen

Pictures:
- twinning is winning with compañera
- hermanas and mexico city
- Sunday pic of hermanas
- Sunday pic of elders
- Selfie at the new Mexico MTC temple grounds!!
- Pictures with mi district



 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoom=Worst Invention Ever

Missionary Work

Chile Santiago North Mission!