And So It Begins...

It’s easy to believe I wasn’t the mom she needed and definitely not the one she wanted; that I failed in all the ways. I’ve worked so hard to tell myself a better story, trusting in God. I believe He sends us to families on purpose. He doesn’t make mistakes!

Things haven’t been easy for either of us. It’s taught me that everyone goes through things we know nothing about. We think we know, but we don’t have a clue.

We are all doing the best we can, truly.

Riley is getting set apart today as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. That means she will spend the next 18 months in a foreign country, serving complete strangers. There are a few things I hope she knows before she begins.

She has never been alone. Angels have ministered to her on both sides of the veil, whether she’s been aware or not. She’s been watched over, protected, cared for, and guided by the hand of God. Her family loves her. Her sister has adored her since the day we brought her home and has always wanted to be her best friend. Her brother looks to follow her example in everything; always has and probably always will. Her dad is amazed by her intellect and independence and would do anything to see her happy. No one can love harder than I’ve loved this girl, through thick and thin, good and bad. She is loved fiercely, by so many.

Chile will love her, too. The people will be blessed by her smile and her strength. What we haven’t taught her, she will learn by experience. It’s hard to let her go, but it’s not hard to know how much good she’ll bring to so many people. I’ve never been a full-time missionary, but I’ve been a full-time mom. It’s taught me that when you love and serve another person with all your heart, it changes you and a little piece of them will always be a part of you. What a blessing that God has given us, to learn to love as He loves us.

 






 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zoom=Worst Invention Ever

Missionary Work

Chile Santiago North Mission!